EM beads collar - anti-parasitic dog collar
- €18,00 EUR
- €18,00 EUR
Available in a wide variety of colors, email us: email@example.com and tell us which color you want !
What is EM® Ceramic and how does it work?
EM® stands for Effective Microorganisms®, a brand name referring to a family of microbial-based products using a technology developed by Japanese scientist Dr. Teruo Higa. The main product, EM·1®, is a liquid bacterial product made up of three groups of microbes: yeast, photosynthetic bacteria, and lactic acid bacteria. The EM·1® product is added to silicon, which is then baked to create the hard bead/ tube used in these collars. It is this bead that forms the active part of the anti tick collars.
The EM® ceramic beads give off their own particular electromagnetic wave at a frequency unique to them. Luckily this frequency is known to be unpleasant for ticks and other similar insects.
Since the beads emit these waves all the time and are stimulated to do this by sunlight, heat, movement etc the tick is discouraged from attaching itself to the wearer and goes in search of a more appealing host.
EM® ceramics are made by fermenting a special clay with approximately 80 different microorganisms (EM) and then baked. The beads are baked at 1200 C, during which the structure of the clay changes, trapping the EM within its matrix. As a result, these EM beads have their own particular wavelength and are very durable.
There is no 100% guarantee that EM® Ceramic collars will keep ticks off you or your pets.
Tips for effective use of the EM® Ceramic collar
- You get the best results when your dog wears the collar all the time during the tick season. It can take up to 4 weeks before the EM’s fully do their job.
- Before using it for the first time, rinse the collar thoroughly in warm water and let it dry naturally in the sun. Repeat this process every 10 days or so.
- It is important to keep the beads clean otherwise the wavelength of the emissions can be altered. You can use a little nail brush but DO NOT USE SOAP OR ANY CHEMICALS.
- If you use a bug spray or any essential oils as well as the collar, then make sure that the beads stay oil free.
- The collar can get wet, so it is no problem to swim with the collar. Just let it dry naturally in the sun on the dog afterwards. However it should not be worn in pool water because of the chemical treatments in the water.
- It is recommended by the bead manufacturers that the collars are replaced once a year . This at least gives you the opportunity to change the colour and style each season!